Need your expertise!

paulenaj17

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
I have an older TV (1990) it's too good to get rid of. So here's my situation. I pay for wireless so I can use my Android tablet at least. It's a safe and secure connection and I want to connect my TV using my tablet. I know that I need an adapter for my TV to do this, I'm just not sure (how)to do it. I'm 60 years young and I cant afford the $120 package the cable company wants each month. They want to charge me for a landline as part of "the package" too but I have my cell phone and that I get for free. Finally I said, I'll just pay for your wireless connection @ $70 a month. What is my solution to this? Thanks in advance! I'm also considering a Roku.

Solution
Roku is excellent and doesn't require you to use your tablet as a source. Not quite as flexible since it doesn't have a browser and requires you to install "channels". Check that the sources you want to watch have Roku channels available.
If you did want to use your tablet as a source you could use a Chromecast stick with an HDMI to AV converter. Not too complicated.
I would consider the purchase of a new or "new" used TV with HDMI. With everything in 16:9 aspect your old 4:3 aspect TV screen is even smaller than it used to be. There are used sets on Craigslist and thrift shops for affordable prices because people upgrade to larger screens all the time as the price drops. You can take advantage of that.
Roku is excellent and doesn't require you to use your tablet as a source. Not quite as flexible since it doesn't have a browser and requires you to install "channels". Check that the sources you want to watch have Roku channels available.
If you did want to use your tablet as a source you could use a Chromecast stick with an HDMI to AV converter. Not too complicated.
I would consider the purchase of a new or "new" used TV with HDMI. With everything in 16:9 aspect your old 4:3 aspect TV screen is even smaller than it used to be. There are used sets on Craigslist and thrift shops for affordable prices because people upgrade to larger screens all the time as the price drops. You can take advantage of that.

Solution