net framework not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam parsons

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
ok so a few days ago i was starting to get an error message saying that i needed to enable net framework in the programs and features tab. Ive had a look there and its enabled so i retried that program and still doesn't work.
Ive tried reinstalling the program but still wont work. I will try to post images of what's going wrong.

http://imgur.com/kEkXpQZ the error im getting

http://imgur.com/BYO44BT when i go to check to see if its enabled

Solution
It's odd that the error message doesn't mention which .Net framework. You're other screenshot shows that you have 3.5 installed. Do you have .Net 4.0 installed? If you don't, download it and install it. If you do, it could be there is a problem with your .Net framework. I have had this happen personally. What I did was uninstall it and then went to Microsoft and re-install it. It sorted out my problems.

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
It's odd that the error message doesn't mention which .Net framework. You're other screenshot shows that you have 3.5 installed. Do you have .Net 4.0 installed? If you don't, download it and install it. If you do, it could be there is a problem with your .Net framework. I have had this happen personally. What I did was uninstall it and then went to Microsoft and re-install it. It sorted out my problems.

Solution

sam parsons

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014

ok so i took your advice and installed the latest one and it still doesn't work

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
So you tried the latest one (I think it's 4.5)? Try uninstalling 3.5.1 and go to the download page and go to the tab Earlier Versions and re-install 3.5.1. Be sure to uninstall it first though.

sam parsons

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014

i uninstalled net framework (but when i went to check in my "programs and features" it said i still had net framework 3.5 installed still)

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
What happens if you try to uninstall it again. Sometimes Windows messes up and doesn't remove a program from the list after it's uninstalled, and when you try again it says that the program appears to be missing would you like to remove it from programs, you answer yes and it removes it from the list.

Once it's been removed, re-install it via MicroSoft.

samanater456

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014

I gave up on having this issue a while back. I just reinstalled windows :p, thanks for the help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.