Solved! Netbook vs tablet/laptop computers

jerry_62

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Hello,
I am a chef instructor and move around a lot. I want a machine that's small like a netbook (10 -13)to hold my recipes, calendar and spread sheets. I also don't see well... can one change the netbook resolution down like on a PC to get larger print?

Solution
Usually when it comes to resolution, you can increase the size of everything pretty easily with either a laptop or netbook, so I wouldn't worry about that. If you are looking for something that has a some "guts" to it, I'd recommend a laptop. If you do not want to spend much, a netbook would be best. For example, check this link out to see what kinds of laptops are available out there with a fairly small screen, i.e. "ultra portables." You can also adjust the search parameters yourself:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2034940032+103980222&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&Subcategory=32&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Usually when it comes to resolution, you can increase the size of everything pretty easily with either a laptop or netbook, so I wouldn't worry about that. If you are looking for something that has a some "guts" to it, I'd recommend a laptop. If you do not want to spend much, a netbook would be best. For example, check this link out to see what kinds of laptops are available out there with a fairly small screen, i.e. "ultra portables." You can also adjust the search parameters yourself:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2034940032+103980222&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&Subcategory=32&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Solution

dfusco

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008

Running a small netbook screen at a low resolution will be annoying. It's like trying to use your regular sized monitor while staring through a cardboard tube, You only see small sections of the entire screen.
As you move around alot weight is an important consideration but usability is also important. Go to a store and look at the different sized screens and feel the heft of the units. A 14" screen may be as small as you want to go if you don't see well.

TRENDING THREADS