Solved! Netflix app on Roku and Samsung HW850N soundbar

Jan 29, 2019
We have a Roku device plugged straight into our soundbar and use this to watch most of our smart apps. Sound works perfectly fine until Netflix auto changes to the next episode at whcih point all audio for Roku drops out. This includes the sound effects on the Roku main menu when scroll through. Any ideas?

The reason we have the Roku plugged into the soundbar is that this prevent audio sync lag for us when trying to watch Dolby of any kind

Supahos

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I'm guessing if it follows from more than one app that it's the sound bar going into some sort of power savings mode in that tiny gap when it changes files. I know there's like 1-2 seconds on my TV where it's completely silent. And I'm guessing the sound comes back before it starts checking to see if it's back so it doesn't notice a new audio source

Jan 29, 2019
Yes done that, have also tried turning Dolby off to see if that's the problem.

Sound works perfectly fine until Netflix switches to the next episode and then all audio drops out.

Jan 29, 2019
WIll give it a go.

It's more than once it happens all audio is lost, if we go to a different app.e.g iplayer there will no longer be a sound output. Not sure if its the soundbar or the Roku itself

Supahos

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I'm guessing if it follows from more than one app that it's the sound bar going into some sort of power savings mode in that tiny gap when it changes files. I know there's like 1-2 seconds on my TV where it's completely silent. And I'm guessing the sound comes back before it starts checking to see if it's back so it doesn't notice a new audio source

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 5
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2