Netflix (maybe all flash video) slow after upgrading GPU

the_het

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
I have an i5 4440. For something like 9 months my only GPU in that computer was the iGPU Intel. I watched Netflix quite a lot, and it was perfect.

Recently I upgraded my computer with a GTX 670. Everything seems perfect except for Netflix (maybe other flash videos, I don't know) which go slower than usual. It is not dramatical, but instead of going at 30 FPS (or whatever they stream to) it goes to maybe 10-15 FPS, so when I am watching something and the camera is panning around, or movements left to right,... it's not smooth at all. It happens with all the videos I have tried from Netflix. I does not happen with VLC.

I use Google Chrome.

No idea if there's some browser option that I am missing, but trying to watch a video this way kind of produces me dizzyness and headaches.

As said, nothing changed apart from the GPU.

drkatz42

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014

Go into settings(Chrome), scroll to the bottom to advanced settings, find "use hardware acceleration" and change this setting. Restart Chrome and see what happens.

the_het

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Drivers are updated, yes.

I will try to Chrome option, thanks!

I have another (related) question. Shouldn't the iGPU be the one being used for Netflix and desktop applications?

I thought the OS will only use the GTX for games, and use the other for everything else.