network programming without socket

Sika Shrestha

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
While browsing through internet, it is seen taht socket programming is needed for client server sending and receiving procedure. can we send and receive packet in between client and server without using socket.

Ijack

Distinguished
It's really better to do your own research for homework questions. That way you will understand what you are learning rather than just copying what other people write.

Sika Shrestha

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I have researched about socket programming but couldnot find other option to send and receive packets in between client and server without using socket programming. Actually i need to create opc server and i think that opc is using other method rather than socket for client and server communication. so i am trying to explore other option for client server communication process.

Sika Shrestha

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hi Ijack,

I also think that opc is using other method rather than socket client and server communication. Can you please explain me how can we create a simple opc server. i donot need all the functions in opc server. My objective of OPC server will be 1) to establish connection with client 2) to read and write the points.

What steps have you taken to create a opc server?

Sika