New 2.0 or 2.1 Computer Speakers

Saar Koren

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
After my old 2.1 Harman Kardon speakers finally broke, I went with Harman Kardon again and bought the Soundsticks II. They sound great for what I paid, but they are not nearly as durable as my old ones. One of the satellites is now starting to fall apart (I guess that's the cost of good looks). After they break, which will probably happen soon, I want to try a different brand. I am willing to spend more money, but not too much.

One of the speakers I looked at is the Bose Companion 20. How would this one compare to my Soundsticks in sound and build quality? I use my speakers mainly for gaming but I also listen to a lot of music.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 2
RJGrayLight Audio 1
C Audio 1
C Audio 2
R Audio 2
S Audio 1
BreadgoatX Audio 0
A Audio 12
T Audio 2
R Audio 1
Zebdawg Audio 6
P Audio 3
K Audio 3
J Audio 3
Tombo9 Audio 3
G Audio 0
K Audio 2
I Audio 3
R Audio 3
M Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Can I reuse these satellite speakers as computer speakers?
Question Bass Sensitive Gaming Speaker Suggestions
Question How can you hook up a Samsung subwoofer to a BW LED SPK M speaker to the back of my computer tower?
Solved! 2 Computers, 1 Set of Speakers - 3.5mm Splitter Isn't Working
Question Microphone is playing computer audio even when muted
Solved! Xbox & Computer both connected to same monitor... How can I get my standalone speakers to play audio through both devices?
Question Dual Monitor PC Setup, issues with Soundbar
Question Speaker Noise through all I/O's of this computer. Issue replicated on Headphones.
Solved! Can I use two different audio outputs plugged into different ouputs on the the back of my motherboard?
Solved! How should I connect computer speakers
Solved! Speakers lower than usual after complete reset of computer
Solved! How to connect bookshelf speakers/amp to computer while still using speakers that came with computer?
Question Klipsch pro media wired 2.1 computer speakers win 10
Solved! Salvalging logitech X-540 sattellite speakers to work with my computer
Question I want to play sound out of a phone speaker from a computer (via Bluetooth?)
Question Speakers muting themselves for 1 second every 15 seconds
Question My old Logitech Z323 computer speakers/subwoofer w new computer
Subwoofer/Soundbar or Subwoofer/Active Speakers
i have a 5.1 surround system for my pc out of the 6 speakers which includes my sub woofer only the 2 front speakers are worki
Solved! DAC audio in causing hum in computer speakers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY