New Asus laptop with windows 8, very slow

Ziil

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
I recently bought new laptop Asus K56CB with windows 8. But the problem is, it is soo slow with basic programs and web browsing/scrolling is slow and laggy too.

Things I have already tried so far:
*Updates - did graphic card updates, all windows updates.
*Tried different laptop power settings(problem still existed with high performance)
*Tried without antivirus(at the moment useing avast)
*updated to 8.1 - same
For web:
*Internet connection is tested and its ok
*Tried different web browsers(Google chrome; IE)
*Tried to disable javascript, tried to turn off "smoot scrolling", tried some extensions(adblock;flashblock), still same.

I have a lot of pre-installed asus programs, does some of these programs makes laptop slow? See picture below:

laptop spec.:
Intel Core i5-3337U
750 GB
24GB SSD
8 GB
intel hd4000 + GeForce GT 740M

Thanks for any response!

Jdizzel95

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I would check your taskmanager check the process see if there are any background apps running this will slow ur computer up. Go through the processes see if any of them are running that you are not using. With some of the newer laptops they tend to put on there own software to 'improve performance' and increase speed. But really it will just eat up memory and hog CPU performance.

Ziil

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
Under the backroud procresses, there are currently 61 progresses, tried to end some of them, but no difference. Just for additional information, I also have tried few games as well (dota 2 and civilization V), there were no problems in games.

Is there anything I can do/test before warranty?

itguyswa

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
9/10 of...slow computers are due to viruses.

Follow this guide to create a rescue disk and scan your PC

http://www.itguyswa.com/remove-99-computer-viruses-malware-adware-free/

Even with an updated Anti Virus...you can still pick up viruses

Mar 27, 2015

Hello Zill,
I have similar problems ! I have an asus tower win 8.1 64 bit and 3 months old.It was fine maybe updates i don't know but chrome just slowed down so much it was hopeless. Tried IE and firefox but same issues. I googled help and resolved by clearing cache, fiddling with winsock, and even adjusting network settings
**************pasted* Officer Hansen said:
I almost took your advice Tom, almost. I really was ready to give up after reading your post, but I have to tell you I was able to get an Acer tech to fix the problem. You have to go to device manager, then click on your network adapter then find speed & douplex, change the douplex to 100 half douplex. *******

The above worked like a flash !!! Instant fix incredible !
then one month later same issues - corrupted pages, text all over the play part loaded images is pretty bad. using my laptop now as tomes guide has text splattered everywhere.
its not malware or a virus i have downloaded so many progs now and can't find a thing. I can run zonealarm but can't get updates which is sad after 10 years:(
I am convinced its something to do with win 8.1 and perhaps drivers (mine are as uptodate) not asus, i think i'm just going to bite the bullet and get win 7 again. I have suspicions that win 8.1 is just not ready and needed more testing.
On a nostalgic note win 8.1 makes me feel young again as it reminds me of win 95 - lots of hassle.

if anyone resolves this issue please post as this is bookmarked and like to know how it turns out.

Jane2347

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
Am having same problem. SUpport said it may be that my 3rd party virus software was slowing it down as it does not work well with windows 8. How crap is that. Although I tried disabling it and it didn't make any difference. I then uninstalled it and it made no difference. Think it must be the model.Internet connections works speedily on all my other devices.

Mostafa Raouf

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015

i have the same problem i sent it to the agent they re-install a new windows but still the same problem
finally they simply said "all the new asus is like that !!!!!"

i wish i can throw it away :(

Johan1979

Estimable
May 12, 2015
Same problem here. I have an asus X552C that has worked perfect for 1 1/2 years. But two weeks ago the problems started. Strange that some have had the problem for a long time and some just got this problem recently (was thinking it might be some update that has caused the problem). I´ve googled and tried some fixes, but nothing works. IE, Chrome and Firefox are equally slow. I´ll try a complete system restore. If that doesn´t do it, I´ll return the computer I guess. Judging by what´s been written in various forums, it seems to be an asus problem.

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Wow. This looks like a growing trend.

Have you tried opening up task manager and disabling all of the startup programs? (Run -> msconfig for Windows 7).

Johan1979

Estimable
May 12, 2015
Just tried to disable all startup programs, but still the same problem. What´s really strange is that it´s really random. Sometimes the web pages load in less than a sec, but most times it takes 30 sec or more.

CHR2131015

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I fixed this issue for a comcast customer, just disable wifi adapter, then re enable wifi adapter

Johan1979

Estimable
May 12, 2015
This might actually have worked. I disabled the wifi, and also turned off the router. After I enabled them again it worked better. Last two days my internet has worked perfect. Really hope it continues without problems now. Thanks for your solution. Hope it works for the rest in this thread.

DevYousef

Estimable
Jun 5, 2015
Hello
I think this problem happened because new windows update in realtek WiFi adapter
I just uninstalled all network adapter from device manager and install network software again from my PC disk driver
That's solved the problem for me

BillsFan

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
I had pretty much the same problem with an ASUS X551. I tried a lot of the stuff you tried, but nothing worked. I had read that some quark with windows 8 bogged the speed down so I installed windows 10. No change. Navigating in Internet Explorer was horrendous. I would wait 5 minutes for pages to load and some websites(basic sites like gmail) would end up forcing IE to close.

I installed Mozilla Firefox and the difference was night and day. Not only is surfing the internet flawless and fast, all of the other programs like word that used to get gummed up when IE was open now run perfect.