new battery will not fully charge or hold more than a 20 minute charge before cutting off.

abcpat06

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
I have a Qosimos x505 that will not hold a battery charge, I have purchased 2 different batteries, they fit well and seem to charge fine but after I unplug them the computer shuts off within 20 minutes.

Solution

Sounds 100% like its the charging port, sometimes messing with it wiggling it around or something will get it to charge temporarily.

You don't need to get rid of it, Just look up the computer, find the replacement charging port, DC connector, and replace it...

abcpat06

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
Oh the first battery I bought was 59.00 through Amazon and was 4400 amh? the second one was a Duracell from Batteries Plus at 129.00 and is a 8800 amh?

bailojustin

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
most likely has nothing to do with the battery and is the physical connection between the laptop charger port on the laptop and the battery. It is sending the power through the computer but something is most likely messed up and the charging port needs replacement if it wont charge the battery itself.

abcpat06

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

Thanks for the info, The last battery I got went up to 57% charged and stopped. I left it plugged in and charging for 12+ hours
Love this computer, hate to part with it.

bailojustin

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014

Sounds 100% like its the charging port, sometimes messing with it wiggling it around or something will get it to charge temporarily.

You don't need to get rid of it, Just look up the computer, find the replacement charging port, DC connector, and replace it yourself, if it requires onboard soldering I recommend bringing it to a phone repair or a computer reapir shop where someone is certified in micro soldering.

Solution