New Bluray's won"t play?

Rouge2

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
I am finding that older blurays play fine but newer ones (like Pacific Rim) just won't play on most/all computer Blu Ray player software...

Solution
It's a bit of a pain with computers and digital rights, often new versions of protection tend to break things that are working. There was a big mess with some CDs a while back where they could not even put the Compact Disk label on the disks because they copy protection would not meet the Compact Disk standards and did not play on computers.

Rouge2

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Problem solved! I checked the firmware and it was all up to date, and the program stated there were no updates but I decided to search for the version I had and download it again. Lo and behold there was the latest version, I installed the patch and magically now my new Blu rays play!

The version needed is 1.0.3.196, I had the 1.0.3.103...

Thanks for the help

It's a bit of a pain with computers and digital rights, often new versions of protection tend to break things that are working. There was a big mess with some CDs a while back where they could not even put the Compact Disk label on the disks because they copy protection would not meet the Compact Disk standards and did not play on computers.

Solution