new car has bluetooth...had cd player in old car...how can i now listen to my cds via bluetooth in car

Nov 10, 2018
Have a new hyundai car with in built bluetooth.......previous car had cd player for all my cd music.....how can i now listen to my cds vvia bluetooth in car.

CD is gone by the way of cassettes.

I too suggest transfer all CD to smartphone, guaranteed to work and you will have your whole collection on the palm of your hands without swapping CDs.

If u just need the nostalgia, replace your factory radio with an aftermarket with CD built-in, is just money.

derekullo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
I do recommend ripping all music to your smartphone or even to the car's internal hard drive if it has one.

But if you must continue with CDs they do make a device that will let you play cds without taking the car apart and replacing its radio system.

https://www.amazon.com/HOTT-Bluetooth-Portable-Rechargeable-Headphone/dp/B07K1H9NN1/

Nov 26, 2018
I have a supplementary question - if you rip all your CDs to SD or USB, how do you find the album you want?

I have done this with a limited number of live gigs on a USB but the details don't show up on the car stereo unit.

I'm sure there must be a way of doing it!

Nov 26, 2018
Yes, but do you have to do something while ripping that allows the file info to be read or does the CD have a digital signature that transfers?

Sorry if this is an obvious answer but I've only ever ripped live performances as I like physical music.

Thanks for the response.

Yes.

A common thing rippers do is to obtain the metadata (album info, artist, dates, blah-blah) from a publicly available database repository (this happens behind your back) and write this info into a so called ID3 tag attached to your .MP3, so that's how a player can deal with your ripped files.

I said "common" meaning you want to make sure by again, consulting your car stereo's manual, it will tell you specifically what it wants. After having consulted the manual and u still don't understand what it's asking you, pose your new question again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Audio 1
samratkothari Audio 0
A Audio 8
S Audio 1
H Audio 3
B Audio 2
H Audio 3
J Audio 1
D Audio 1
J Audio 5
J Audio 1