new laptop Battery Stuck at 00.02 percent problem

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Hello ,

i just got my new laptop today the battery was completly down

then i recharged it for the first time then i noticed that the battery stuck at 00.02 percent or 00.01

i tried to remove and reinstall it but didnt work

The power led light is blinking and the charging led light is on

Laptop model is : Dell 3521 i3

Percentage is 99.5%
Capacity 100.0%
time to full : 58 seconds
time to empty : 0 seconds
Battery Energy 41.4 Wh

any help will be welcome

thanks in advance

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

Yes i got it today and just unboxed it , the statistics too are completely down to 0 " ____0__0___0____0____ "

i hope its nothing , is there is program that monitor battery to try with it other than the basic one , i removed the ac adapter now and the time left for the battery is 3:42 Hours when full brightness and 5 - 6 hours when low brightness idle mode

kanewolf

Judicious

Again, if it is new, call Dell. They have good customer support and will be more familiar with their products than anybody else.

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

maybe but the laptop in complete idle mode no internet either

i will try to call them tomorrow i tried to call but no respond because of late time

should i try a program to monitor battery until tomorrow

i Forgot to mention the ubuntu number is too old i guess its 12.04 LTS

kanewolf

Judicious
What are you expecting for additional assistance? You did a runtime test and it seems that your battery is correct. You could try a different OS, google for an alternative, etc. Just "BUMPING" your thread will do nothing but annoy the admins ...

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

Sorry but was expecting some one that experienced this problem or familiar with it but i already installed Windows 8.1

the battery is charging to 99% and im testing programs like Batteryinfoview , BatteryMon , BatteryCare all stop at 99.5 and there is low capacity 1.199 , full capacity 3.996
i just want to be sure because if something wrong with the laptop i can change it from the shop before the 14 Days test ends

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

i was charging the battery all the programs i mentioned got 100% Battery after i close down the lid for a few minutes

by the way my version of this laptop is i3 3217u not i5 like in the review i think nothing wrong with the battery Thanks for your reply's

CEALOA

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

i was charging the battery all the programs i mentioned got 100% Battery after i close down the lid for a few minutes

by the way my version of this laptop is i3 3217u not i5 like in the review i think nothing wrong with the battery Thanks for your reply's