New laptop freezes after windows 10 update while gaming

Cookie47

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
So, I have an Asus, i3, geforce 920m and 8gb of ram.
I usually play mount and blade, counter strike, and league of legends.
Before this windows 10 update it was fine, but after installing windows 10, it started freezing after like 15 minutes inside a game. Everything stops working and I need to shutdown my laptop.
By the way, it does not overheat.

Solution
So, I decided to re-install the update and, surprise! Everything runs fine, Cs:Go was running capped at 30 fps but I disabled something, dunno the english name of it, on Xbox tab and it started working fine again.
I don't really know how to explain this, it's kinda hard for a non english speaker who also has no clue of what he is talking of.
Thanks anyway.
It doesn't have to be overheating to cause it to lag and shut down. Unfortunately the updated Windows 10 is probably the culprit. It uses a lot more resources than 7 or 8. This would cause your issues. Plus the fact that it adds more to the system than just the new OS.

You may also want to check to make sure that the system doesn't run other things while you are playing. Like as I type this here, I know my computer is running some things in the background, which were I to try and load a graphics intensive game, would get mad at me and start lagging. With Windows 10 doing updates on its terms that could cause you problems as well.

Cookie47

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
By the way, I can actually play every game, except LoL and Cs:Go.
It is kinda strange.
But, I restored a backup of my laptop (previous update) and it all came back to normal. It was nothing to do with programs running in the background but thanks anyway.
-Tomás

Cookie47

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
It is fixed but, the update option still appears, of course.
But there is one thing I do not understand.
My Counter Strike fps (frames per second) are very low, like if I still had the windows 10 update.
Will try to update everything to see if that is the problem.

Cookie47

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
So, I decided to re-install the update and, surprise! Everything runs fine, Cs:Go was running capped at 30 fps but I disabled something, dunno the english name of it, on Xbox tab and it started working fine again.
I don't really know how to explain this, it's kinda hard for a non english speaker who also has no clue of what he is talking of.
Thanks anyway.

Solution