New laptop temperature

jasmin91

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
hello i bought a new laptop 1 mounth ago and from start i have temp of my CPU is 40-45 indle and 80-90 (cpuz, speed fan, monitor hardwer same temp) in games sometime up to 100... the other components are max to 70-75 c and 30-40 idle ... the laptop is Dell inspiron 3537 Intel Core i7 4500U ... it new lap top and i have such huge temp... and when is icecold when i keep him in hall where temp at night is like 5 c and when i start him aggain its like 35-40... so my question is is this a problem do i need to take to service to change termal paste? i clean him every week with compresed air( have mechanic shop)... ty

Rit_86

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Firstly, do you keep the laptop on a hard flat surface while using it? Always make sure to keep it on such a surface so that the exhaust vents are free.
Secondly, do you hear a loud whine of the fan when the laptop is running hot? Also, if you take your hand near the vent while it is hot, do you feel warm air coming out? If not, then probably the cooling fan may not be working and you have to take it to a service center.
Give an update and further suggestion can be given accordingly.

jasmin91

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
ty for response... yeah i have cooler at 1500rotation/min that lifts lap top for 1.5 cm and his back side is icecold all time... yeah the fan is working ok is warm air when i am playing games and i put it on 100% rotation (5200 rotations) is is loud yeah ... and how i told u the temp of the room is chilli a little bit 17-18 c all time he is cold but all programs shows 40 when i start him for the first time on day .

Rit_86

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
OK, then try and run it without the external cooler and see if it lowers the temperature somewhat. Sometimes, it just so happens that the airflow of the external cooler messes with the designed airflow of the laptop and actually raises the temperature slightly.
Anyway, for further measure, download CCleaner from here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/download/bdc2e1b445cc14cc2c13ff87966cbb0b/
Go to Tools -> Startup and disable all the programs from startup except the antivirus. Then restart.
See if it help. If it still is hot and you are using a free AV, uninstall it and try a different free light one like 360 total security.
These are the next most likely culprits.
Also, can you tell me what % usage your CPU and RAM (tell me the installed RAM amount also) is showing on idle and on load?
TBH your temperatures are on the higher side, but is not extraordinarily high.

jasmin91

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
i bougt cooler because when i use it before it was exemly hot ( i didnt mesaure the temp but he was very hot) now he is chilly and i dont use any av or malware i meen i clean it with malvare to time to time but thats it no virus nothing ( doing this for 5 years now) ... the instaled ram is 8 gb at start of the comp the ussage is 7 % and procesor is like 1-2 % and on load depend what i do if i play wow or assassin unity is 100% and 60-70% TBH? :D sorry dont know the meaning