New OS install, cannot find wifi drivers.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hi, I recently replaced the hard drive on my samsung 'NP305V5A-A05DX' and re-installed the OS but I cannot find which drivers I need to get. Mainly for the wifi but also for the graphics included in the A8 APU it runs on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Warukyure

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
Plug your laptop up with Ethernet, and try running Windows Update, then click on the tab that says optional updates and check all those as well. More often than not Windows Update will do pretty much all the driver searching and installation for you.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
If you still need the drivers, and windows cannot find them, then go to the notebook manufacturers website. Look for the support section, and enter your notebook's model number and they should be there.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Just Tried your suggestion and windows says it is not connected to the internet....
The the rent cabled works and is securely attached but it still refuses to donwnload anything.

I managed to find the support page on samsungs website and got a few drivers, but only the VGA (graphics) one worked. I used a USB stick to download onto then tried to open it on my laptop.

Warukyure

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
Ok, this will sound weird, but do you have a smart phone that isnt windows, and do you have more than 25 MB of data on your plan. Worse comes to worst, plug your phone into your laptop, go to settings, USB tether, enable it, again do search for updates on Windows update. But this time, check the list to see if it mentions anything about a) Chipset drivers, b) Realtek network adapter c) Whatever wireless adapter this thing might have, probably realtek. Get those 3. and ONLY those 3, after they install, unplug your phone. Otherwise data charges worth more than the laptop.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
hi again, so after a bit of messing about with various drivers I found one that worked. I got it off the samsung website.
However, it only works with an Ethernet cable and still refuses to find any wifi networks. Other devices work on the network i am using so the problem is the laptop. I have tried using windows update and it says all updates are completed. I don't know what to do now... Troubleshooter has no idea what the problem is...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 6
Srijal Kc Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 10
A Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 2