New Popping sounds on Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 set

dasos

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

I've had the Creative Inspire T6100's for a year and 4 months, and in the past month they've started making an extremely loud popping sound.

It seems pretty random, although it has periods where it will stop and there won't be any popping for hours, and then later on it can start again.
I've got absolutely no idea what could be causing it, it doesn't seem like interference from outside electrical appliances such as washing machines / light switches / phones (although they do receive a lot of phone interference sometimes).

All I really know is that it's definitely not a software related issue because they still make the popping noise if I leave them on and unplug them from my PC.

Anybody got any ideas?
If not I'm still in the position where I can send them back to ebuyer for a refund/replacement :)

Thanks very much.

dasos

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Aww, turns out I was wrong about being able to return them now :(
Thanks for the reply soundguruman, are cold coldering connections easily fixed? (Haha, Please forgive my obvious complete lack of knowledge)

Thanks

Sanjiv Dutta

Estimable
May 2, 2014
I m facing same issue since 2012 and the local service centre couldn't help! Mine was 3.5 years old so no warranty available either. Also the volume pot is giving trouble after 2 years and spare is not available with service centre. So I solved that by simply cleaning with isopropyle alcohol :)

Thx so much soundguruman for your troubleshooting of the loud 'thud' sound, I shall try to resolder it. But is the soldering station essential? And, why the dry soldering causes such sould?