Solved! New Sennheiser GSP 600's only playing sound fron right side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I received my new Sennheiser GSP 600's today.

When trying to test them on my PC, sound only emanates from the right side. I tried updating the Realtek audio driver as well as uninstalling it and re-installing it, but still only plays on the right side.

I have tried plugging the microphone and headphone jacks in the rear as well as front panel jacks, but still both "left & right" sounds play from the the right side.

Not sure how else i can test them to see if it is the headphones or my PC???

Thanks for the help.

Solution

Hi jdurocheryvon. Today I purchased the GSP500, not too dissimilar to your series. I was having the exact trouble you were having. My immediate thought was that they needed an amplifier, but that didn't...
Nov 26, 2018

I've tried it with my phone and have the same issue, however, will my phone be able to power the such headphones?

Don't see why it would not work with a phone, although I don't see an ohm rating for that headset. Contact Sennheiser support and see what they say.

Nov 26, 2018

I will be returning them, tried many difference devices, PC's and laptops.

Dec 11, 2018

Hi jdurocheryvon. Today I purchased the GSP500, not too dissimilar to your series. I was having the exact trouble you were having. My immediate thought was that they needed an amplifier, but that didn't make sense because spec-wise they shouldn't require that. I surmised that they must be faulty so I intended to take them back. However, I thought I better check triple check that I have everything plugged in properly. (Nothing worse than a customer returning something based on their own screw-up). My problem was that the fitting that plugs into the headset itself wasn't in properly. It truly feels like it is, but you actually have to push it quite firmly. This solved the problem and I'm very happy with them.

You've probably returned them by now, but if not, give it a go.

Cheers.

Solution
Mar 9, 2019

Hi jdurocheryvon. Today I purchased the GSP500, not too dissimilar to your series. I was having the exact trouble you were having. My immediate thought was that they needed an amplifier, but that didn't make sense because spec-wise they shouldn't require that. I surmised that they must be faulty so I intended to take them back. However, I thought I better check triple check that I have everything plugged in properly. (Nothing worse than a customer returning something based on their own screw-up). My problem was that the fitting that plugs into the headset itself wasn't in properly. It truly feels like it is, but you actually have to push it quite firmly. This solved the problem and I'm very happy with them.

You've probably returned them by now, but if not, give it a go.

Cheers.

OMG! I feel so dumb. This solved my problem. I was going to send back my graphics card, then my headset when I couldn't figure this out. I just didn't have the damn chord shoved in all the way, once I did that, whoa! what a difference! These headsets are incredible! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.