ShadowProject

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hi all,

So I am planning on a progressive set up which I add onto as I can afford it. I want to start off with a 2.1 system with a 7.1 receiver for room to add. My price range is about mid ranged. The current system I am looking at getting is as follows:"

Receiver: Sony STRDN850 (Maybe 1050 if its worth the extra $200)
Bookshelfs: Polk RTi A1s (Are the A2s that much better?? I have heard these and they sound like they have a good range.)
Sub: No idea yet, any suggestions?

Anyone know a good HiFi shop in NZ??

Thanks to all who reply!

bigwoofer

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Congrats on AWESOME SOUND on your home machine! I'm currently running a Harmon Kardon AVR 525 outputting to a 5.1 system of Klipsch and Polk speakers - however every bit of my system came from Craigslist because I'm frugal as heck! I do recommend optical output from your computer so you have the 2.1, 4.0, 5.1 options as you grow or come across additional speakers. I noticed my older Live! 5.1, onboard Realtek and new Asus Sonar audio cards don't output all the options via analog over a single headphone output - but they DO over optical :D Good luck on our audio adventure and welcome to hifi, hi quality sound from your PC - IT IS AWESOME.

Sorry about the craigslist option - I see NZ is New Zealand and there's literally ONE POST on that site wow http://auckland.craigslist.org/search/sss/?excats=119-45&query=stereo

ShadowProject

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I am in Wellington :D There is a Sony store he which offers the Receiver at a good price if you ask for cash. Good receiver? I have seen pretty good reviews. Any idea on a sub to complement the A1s?