New to DAC's have a question. Audio noob. Help!

Pocketfullanut

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
I am completely new to DAC's and I'm not good with audio to begin with. Just have a quick question.

I have a pair of Mackie CR3's and was wondering what DAC i should get for them to give them a little boost or any at all. I also have a Polk Audio Psw10 that i wouldn't mind hooking up to a DAC as well. If anyone could show me in the right direction on which DAC to get that would be great.

I was looking at the FiiO E10k for the Mackies, but i don't even know if that would work? Like i said i have never ventured into audio. Any help is appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Bl...

Solution
if its a pc, a simple soundcard could work. the xonar dx for example.
if you want an external, the schiit modi is a dac only and is also very neutral and well received.
technically the fiio e10k would work although you may want to use the line out not headphone out jack.
if its a pc, a simple soundcard could work. the xonar dx for example.
if you want an external, the schiit modi is a dac only and is also very neutral and well received.
technically the fiio e10k would work although you may want to use the line out not headphone out jack.

Solution

Pocketfullanut

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

nevermind im an idiot didnt realize that the rca's were output and not input.

on the modi the standard version would work. usb input, rca output. the modi uber gives you the option of using optical input but unless you require that you dont need that as an option.

as i said before, the e10k might certainly work but you would either need to keep the volume down very low or use the unpowered aux output if using self powered speakers as they are generally expecting a low powered signal..