New TV no audio out jack for earphones no Bluetooth in tv.

donagant

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
I just purchased a Samsung Smart TV model UN58MU6100
My dilemma is that my husband needs his own set of headphones to be able to hear the tv without the neighbors hearing it. The sound bar is plugged into the audio optical jack and there seems to be no way to plug in the audio transmitter to the back of this tv. Our older Samsung had an audio out jack. Is there a way for him to listen to tv with his earphones?

donagant

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
Yes, the sound bar is hooked to the tv. I looked at the available plugs on the bottom of the Samsung sound bar that came with the tv. The only one available is an AUX IN and a USB PORT. I did plug the audio transmitter into the AUX IN port and was delighted the headphones paired with the transmitter, but all I heard was white noise, not the tv. Any other ideas? Thank you for your speedy reply!

donagant

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
Yes, the sound bar is hooked to the tv. I looked at the available plugs on the bottom of the Samsung sound bar that came with the tv. The only one available is an AUX IN and a USB PORT. I did plug the audio transmitter into the AUX IN port and was delighted the headphones paired with the transmitter, but all I heard was white noise, not the tv. Any other ideas? Thank you for your speedy reply!
Options

donagant

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017

donagant

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
I do not have anywhere to plug in a red and white RCA PLUG. If you Google my model number of Samsung Tv I think you will see a picture of the back of my TV
There are only yellow and blue ports on the back of my tv. I've never seen that before usually it is the RCA plugs. My model is the UN58MU6100

donagant

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
No, there is no plug on the actual headset. The audio receiver is a very small box about the size of a paper pack of matches. The cord with the plug comes off of that box and there is no way to remove it. It could plug into a female end of something that had a male end and that would plug into the AUX port on the sound bar.

donagant

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from donagant : "New Samsung tv"

After searching for a way to connect my husbands blue tooth earphones to my new Samsung Smart TV, I am disappointed to tell you that that is not a possibility. I called Samsung and was told that the audio out jack is not available on any new Samsung TV. This is disappointing to me as I really like the picture etc of the Samsung tvs, but guess it is time for a change. Thanks to all who looked for a solution for me!