New Yahoo! Ad Slams Google for Being Too Bare

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yahoo! couldn't have it more backwards- this is exactly the reason people are attracted to Google and not Yahoo!. Yahoo! fills your screen with all sorts of crap you don't want to see and never asked for in the first place. It is so obvious and I cannot believe I am reading this! That is the Google success story in a nutshell and they are basically trying to debunk it. Um, how about comparing stock prices right now, Yahoo!??

unholygregor

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
well as a long time fan of google, i have to say that it is the minamilist approach that makes google appealing. you can look at the homepage without being visually assaulted with all those tabs and adds, just type what you want into the search engine and there ya go.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Ummmm doesn't everyone realize that's WHY people like Google as a search engine?

I don't not use other search engines because I think they have bad search results. I don't use them because their pages take much longer to load.

I love the minimalist approach Google uses. It loads instantly. That's why it's my homepage.

G

Or, for people who don't care either way, enter your search text in the browser bar and just get results. :)

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I almost never go to google. Every browser I use these days has a google search bar built right in, who needs to actually go to any search site anymore?

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]LMAO.The reason people use Google is BECAUSE it isn't CLUTTERED like YAHOO![/citation]
You seriously capitalised all the wrong words in that sentence.

Also; Yahoo sucks.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I tried Bing, didn't like it, went back to Google. If there is to be a corporation hell bent on world domination, I'd be glad to see it be Google.

G

it just makes sense. what doesn't yahoo get? faster google page loads just look better.

G

Yahoo is the one who doesn't get it.

Their site is cluttered with unwanted stuff and what's worse, even though they say you can configure the page the way you want to configure it, there is stuff which they do not let you remove from the page.

I much prefer the simple approach that Google uses which is UnCluttered. Any site that I may want to go is in my bookmarks already.

Yahoo just plain Sucks!

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]LMAO.The reason people use Google is BECAUSE it isn't CLUTTERED like YAHOO![/citation]
you'd think they would have thought of that by now

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Exactly why i can't use any other search engine. Not because the results suck, but because i can't see the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.