Newbie to cameras

sebastianhoch

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
What’s up Folks!

So I’ve been thinking about this for a long time and I came to the decision that I want to get myself a nice, proper camera. What I need the camera for:
I want to take pictures of myself (like model pictures)
I want to make videos for YouTube (my Idea was a sitcom where I play all the characters)
I want to make cinemagraphs (for those who aren’t familiar with cinemgraphs, here’s a link: https://goo.gl/images/bLVtEy )

A good friend of mine who used to be a photographer suggested to get the Canon Rebel T5i or higher (since it’s a good camera and doesn’t break the budget)

What do you guys think about this?
Do we have any experts here that can help me out?
I’d appreciate it a lot since I’m a total novice regarding cameras and stuff.

Thank you guys so much! Have a nice day.

Sebastian

Solution
If you buy a kit then it will more than likely come with a 18-55mm lens. That lens is considered a standard zoom lens. You may want to add a prime lens (non-zoom) as well. Some prefer the 50mm as their go to prime lens. As your photography skills grow you will get a good idea of what you need.
I have a Canon T4i and a Canon T5i and have no complaints regarding the quality of the pictures or video. I like them but not everyone does. If you are serious then one of the best things you can do is learn the camera. Take the time to learn the controls and don't rely solely on auto settings. The more you shoot, if you pay attention to what you are doing, the better you should become. Take a lot of pictures and shoot a lot of video and then take the time to evaluate what you have done. An important, and maybe the most important, part of this investment is the lenses.

If you buy a kit then it will more than likely come with a 18-55mm lens. That lens is considered a standard zoom lens. You may want to add a prime lens (non-zoom) as well. Some prefer the 50mm as their go to prime lens. As your photography skills grow you will get a good idea of what you need.

Solution
with dsl body ask local shop or club does the dsl your looking at use standard lenses. some dsl can use both old school lends and newer one. ask on the file format of the dsl. some dsl like sony use there own formatting so if the cam dies you cant get a pc to read the stick. one nice feature now is printing to pc or printer from wifi/bluetooth. another question to look into is memory sticks. does the cam uses only one brand/speed of sticks. how fast can the dsl shoot with top end sticks. google the dsl your looking for see if there ever been bad firmware or defects.