Newly Cloned SSD only shows half of available space. Do I need to partition different?

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi all...

I just upgraded my Acer Predator Laptop from a 256GB m.2 SSD to a 525 crucial m.2 SSD and after reinstalling the new SSD it has the same partition values as the previous 256GB drive I just cloned. All the information is here and it works like a charm but it shows now additional space for my C: [boot] drive, Is there a way to expand the partition so I get my 525GB SSD to show the unused space it should now have?

The Paladin

Estimable
Herald
When you clone a drive usually there are 2 options,. 1 images drive and makes a matching partition. (i.e. 250GB on a 500GB would results in 2 partitions on the drive) the other is cloning unto a larger portioning, (basically copies old drive unto the new drive not altering the p[partition already existing on the 500 GB drive.

I suggest you partition the new drive in windows administrative tools Before you clone the old one over it. this should solve the issue.\

The Paladin

Estimable
Herald
When you clone a drive usually there are 2 options,. 1 images drive and makes a matching partition. (i.e. 250GB on a 500GB would results in 2 partitions on the drive) the other is cloning unto a larger portioning, (basically copies old drive unto the new drive not altering the p[partition already existing on the 500 GB drive.

I suggest you partition the new drive in windows administrative tools Before you clone the old one over it. this should solve the issue.\

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 5
P Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 9
Z Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 2
W Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1