Next Nintendo Console With Blu-ray, Quad CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I better have upgradable storage such as a hard drive or ssd. Second it better have a lot of ram upfront for better game development and longer life.

G

The only reason I can see for it to include a projector is to also include polarization style 3D effects. This would enable cheap glasses. This is certainly much different than any other console, and would greatly distinguish it from the crowd.

G

"The Wii also turns 5-years-old this year, meaning Nintendo is due for a hardware refresh soon."

"But an E3 2011 reveal also depends on the current number of Wii units sold in the States thus far, as Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime said that "after we've reached an installed base of 45 million here in the U.S., we can have a conversation about the next generation." Surely Nintendo will have raked in its required 45 million before June-- more than 30 million units had sold as of December 2010."

So 5 years to hit 30 million, and you expect another 50% in 6 months? What fantasy world are you from?

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
"Surely Nintendo will have raked in its required 45 million before June-- more than 30 million units had sold as of December 2010."

30 million over 4+ year period, but you expect them to get another 15 million in 6 months?!?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I have no idea what Nintendo can do to beat Kinect (and to a lesser degree, Move). If they just pump out newer hardware with 3D support, that won't be enough. As for a projector, what about people that don't have the wall space or don't have white colored walls (I can't think of anyone I know that does). Imagine how poorly this would sell in space-starved Japan if it required free wall space. I could see them selling a peripheral 3D projector that is just some rebrand of another company's model. This would allow them to support 3D without users having to buy a new 3D TV.

G

am i the only one that thinks the projector will be used for interaction and not display, Nintendo is not stupid and i think they learned a few things since the wii, they know everyone will have a TV, there is no way that an inbuilt project will be used for a bigger gaming screen

imagine projecting an interface onto the wall/floor/couch teamed up with something like kinect, it be a new and interesting way to interact with the console, or for even more immersive environment where by the scenery can be projected beyond the screen your living room floor can literally be an extension of the gaming environment, hmmmmmmmm now thats does sound interesting

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]That's to be expected, considering that BD-ROM is going to become the default delivery system.[/citation]

Assuming there isn't a shift towards cloud-based gaming before the successors to the 360 and PS3 come down the line. Seems a very remote possibility, but a possibility nevertheless.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]gto127[/nom]Do any you guys know which graphics hardware Nintendo will use for this.?[/citation]

How would anyone know the answer to this question now?

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
I'll stick with Microsoft and Sony. My last Nintendo was an N64, they just don't have the games that I want. IMHO, that whole Nunchuck motion thing sucks.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
...just as the Wii did, sparking copycats from Microsoft and Sony like the Kinect and Move.
Kinect wasn't a copycat of the Wii by a longshot... it completely surpassed the Wii in every way, yet in an entirely different way. The Move, on the other hand, is a direct copy. So much so, that my friends and I refer to is as the "Playstation Wii"

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]How would anyone know the answer to this question now?[/citation]
Performs faster than GTX 490 Quad-SLI with Intel HD 3000 acceleration for movies, Quadro 6000 for texture rendering, and Tesla C2050 4-way SLI for physics processing. Consumes 40 watts max.

For processors, quad-core with 10,000 threads, all clocked at 150 watts, which performs faster than 50 8-core Sandy Bridges.

64 GB of RAM, 512 GB of SSD memory, LAN gaming support, and sound card that supports audio quality better than $1000 A/V receivers, 10.2 surround sound.

Oh, and it prints MONEY!

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]guanyu210379[/nom]If I see Wii-type of games in PS3 graphic quality or better, I have no reason not to have one at home.I hope it will come true.[/citation]
it better have better then ps3 graphics, that's a really old system running off old hardware, only reason why games look so well is lack luster computer games industry and specialized hardware allows for some tricks to extend the life.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I wish this company would just go 3rd party, like Sega did. If it wasnt for Nintendo IP titles, they would no longer be relevant in the console market. Wii controls was just a fad, even though it was a big money making fad.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Projector unlikely since it is a pain to mount projectors just right so you dont cast your shadow onto the image. Nintendo revolutionized the gaming market with its motion gaming and looking forward to its new console. I wonder if Nintendo can still keep prices lower than the competition?!

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]Assuming there isn't a shift towards cloud-based gaming before the successors to the 360 and PS3 come down the line. Seems a very remote possibility, but a possibility nevertheless.[/citation]

And ISPs think Netflix is hard on bandwith, cant wait until they get a load of cloud gaming!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.