Solved! Nextbook 11A nx16A11264

May 19, 2018
I just installed the 6.0 update, and now unless the tablet is plugged in, it goes solid grey. I can see the outline of a website, or whatever I was previously doing, but everything is greyed out and unreadable.
It did this before the update as well, but didn't require the tablet to be plugged in, and I could stop the issue by hitting the key to check open tabs, since the update, I now have to hit the power button to get the screen to go back to normal.

I got the tablet for Christmas last year, not in the box, and not including the original charger. (The one I have is actually too low, its a 5VDC 2A instead of the 5VDC 3A, I will fix this shortly as it takes over 8 hours to charge the tablet. I only mention the charger, in case it may be relevant to my issue.)
I know nothing of the history of the tablet, like whether it was dropped, etc.
I am fully prepared to replace any parts necessary.

Thanks all for the help.
I am a tech geek, and this is driving me insane....

Solution
I am going to assume that the update you installed came through the devices settings and not another way. If it came any other way, or was installed any other way (say a rooted device) that could be the issue.

However, if nothing in the settings is amiss, and you only got the update through settings, then try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it occurs while in that mode. If it doesn't, then it is software and you could have a virus, malware, bad app or even need to do a "Hard Reset" if the problem was the update. But, if the problem still occurs in "Safe Mode" then it may well be hardware.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the...
May 19, 2018
[/quote]

Thanks, but no cigar.
There is no auto brightness, my daydream settings are off.
I would post a screenshot if I knew how, to show you my default settings.
It's now doing it while plugged in.

I am going to assume that the update you installed came through the devices settings and not another way. If it came any other way, or was installed any other way (say a rooted device) that could be the issue.

However, if nothing in the settings is amiss, and you only got the update through settings, then try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it occurs while in that mode. If it doesn't, then it is software and you could have a virus, malware, bad app or even need to do a "Hard Reset" if the problem was the update. But, if the problem still occurs in "Safe Mode" then it may well be hardware.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
May 19, 2018
I got the update directly from nextbook's website.
The update in settings didn't work.
Before the update, the device was having the issue where when I tried to factory reset it externally, it went to the boot menu of load 11A or Android.
There is no safe mode in the boot menu that I could find.
Someone else may have tried rooting it.
I don't have a PC, so I am unable to do so, plus I know roots often cause more problems than they're worth.