Solved! Nextbook notebook tablet shuts off a few minutes after removing the charger cord

cubiccrystal

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
I recently got a Nextbook tablet, and it had been working just fine for a few weeks, on or off charger. But one day, it shut off without warning while unplugged. I turned it back on, and tried to use it, but it shut off again as soon as I got past the lock screen. After I plugged it in, the battery icon came up, and the battery was over halfway full.
I can use the tablet just fine on AC, but once I unplug it, it shuts off without warning (as if you unplugged a desktop, except with a delay) after a few minutes. This happens regardless of what programs are running, and whether or not I'm actively using the computer. I've tried reinstalling Windows, but I'm not fully convinced this is a software issue.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
Unfortunately, it sounds like a battery issue even tho its showing a reasonable charge.

It appears you are not the only one with this issue. Google "nextbook battery problem" and "nextbook replacement battery" If you decide to replace the battery, make sure it is for your specific model.
Mar 14, 2018
Unfortunately, it sounds like a battery issue even tho its showing a reasonable charge.

It appears you are not the only one with this issue. Google "nextbook battery problem" and "nextbook replacement battery" If you decide to replace the battery, make sure it is for your specific model.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS