Solved! Nikon D5200 VS Sony a5000 (DSLR VS Mirrorless)

RightHereBro

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
I am looking to buy my first high quality camera, i just know the basics of them.
First, i was ready to go for Nikon D5200 after some search i done, i came in the
conclusion that it is one of the best entry level DSLR (Correct me if i am wrong).
But then i realised that a DSLR is difficult to carry with me everyday due to the size and weight,
and most of the time will be at home.
While a Mirrorless can easily fit into my jacket pocket even with some lens on.
So, based on some reviews i think Sony a5000 is a good camera and also a bit cheaper than D5200.

What about image quality of those two camera, is Sony a5000 inferior to Nikon D5200?
Are those two camera comparable with each other in other terms like autofocus, Video, etc?
What about lens, Nikon has much more than Sony, Do sony provide the same quality and features at their lens as nikon?
How bad it is for a camera to not have a viewfinder, what are the dissadvantages of this?
Also if i choose Mirrorless over DSLR should i go for the better model like Sony a5100 or a6000,
they are much higher priced while i dont see them to worth the extra money with my current experience, what do you think?

Solution
What about image quality of those two camera, is Sony a5000 inferior to Nikon D5200?
In theory, the Nikon D5200 is better than the sony, because the nikon has the 23.5 x 15.6 mm size sensor, the sony has the 23.2 x 15.4 mm. But the final image quality will be depends on the person who used the camera, the light conditions, and how to, etc.

For the video, the sony can take 1440 x 1080, but nikon can only up to 1920 x 1080.

For the lens, if you will buy the Carl Zeiss lens that made for sony, they will be as good as the nikon, even much better the low end nikon lens. Usually you can't just say which brand lens is better, because each camera will make different level lens for amateur or pro.
If the camera does not have the...

cin19

Distinguished
In theory, the Nikon D5200 is better than the sony, because the nikon has the 23.5 x 15.6 mm size sensor, the sony has the 23.2 x 15.4 mm. But the final image quality will be depends on the person who used the camera, the light conditions, and how to, etc.

For the video, the sony can take 1440 x 1080, but nikon can only up to 1920 x 1080.

For the lens, if you will buy the Carl Zeiss lens that made for sony, they will be as good as the nikon, even much better the low end nikon lens. Usually you can't just say which brand lens is better, because each camera will make different level lens for amateur or pro.
If the camera does not have the viewfinder, you just feel you are not convenience, because the viewfinder will provide an exact view of the image that would be exposed on the sensor. The pro will need that.

So recommend to buy the Sony a5000 with some lens, that will be more than you need.

Solution