Nikon S8000 turns off by itself without any warning! Please help

megahmad

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Hi,
I have a Nikon S8000 (Fully Charged), sometimes it turns off by itself or it doesn't power on until i press the power button 2 or 3 times!
Is anybody here with the same problem? if not what should I do? I did an RMA and they gave me a replacement but got the same problem with the new one :(
any ideas?

any help would be appreciated.

G

This is a pretty new model and even with replacement is probably still within warranty.

If they sent you a faulty replacement I'd raise a stink -- companies often replace with "remanufactured" stock but it seems that some are less than scrupulously careful about checking them. I would be looking for a refund of postage and an offer of a brand new replacement.

G

This topic has been moved from the section Computer Peripherals to section Digital Cameras by Fihart

stefferzz

Distinguished
May 17, 2011

Hi there!
I had the same problem with mine and we updated the firmware to version 1.1. I haven't had a problem since then. We went to the Nikon website and found the firmware download and instructions. My husband said it was a little tricky though. Thought there was a step missing from the instructions but he figured it out.

jerryd101

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

I'm having the same problem.. and I've installed firmware rev. 1.1.. any luck in resolving this issue?
Jerry