'No AMD graphics driver is installed' woes! Inspiron 15R - 5537 - Windows 8.1

theXdude

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
I purchased Dell Inspiron 15R - 5537 with Windows 8.1 a few days back.

A strange problem has crept in lately, I tried to connect my smart tv from the 'Devices - Project - Add a wireless display, and as soon as the setting window opened, the system showed some 'error' and rebooted. Upon rebooting it showed this message and does not show AMD in the Display device manager as well,
I went to the Showroom, and they just did a 'Dell Backup and Recovery'.
But the problem still exists. I need you guys to help.

Also, my laptop has an AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8670M graphics.
What should I do?? How do I update the driver, It's a fresh install of windows i guess.

I'm new,and I need immediate help.really desperate LOOKING forward to a quick and helpful reply!

PS: Here's a screenshot too.
1423.amd-error.jpg

theXdude

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

Guess what? I already tried that. But the 'AMD Catayst install manager' ran for a very short time and closed. No use. But the main question is thatwhy is this problem creeping in again and again in a new machine?

Bibe_Gautam

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
I have exact same model and graphics card and I know driver is not working properly. The display just goes off sometimes and laptop doesn't response. The screen goes black for a while during every boot too. I don't know which one is the proper driver; the driver from dell's support site doesn't work as well, aparantly.
Hardware IDs are :
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6660&SUBSYS_05EA1028&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6660&SUBSYS_05EA1028
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6660&CC_038000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6660&CC_0380

Any help would be really appreciated.

rakshith bk

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
Dell inspiron 15r 5537 8gb / 1Tb / 2GB AMD / touchscreen
Even I am facing the same problem !!
The first few days were fine, then all of a sudden these crazy problems started crawling in !
first -- Sleep Mode Problem, the laptop goes to sleep but when it is woken up the system restarts
second -- display brightness, just cannot adjust it
then what not even if the laptop is idle for 5 min the dislpay turns off and will not turn on whatever i do !!!
Calling dell support was waste of time !

THEN I UPDATED THE AMD DRIVER, INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER, BIOS UPDATE !!!
EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE FOR FEW DAYS EXCEPT FOR THE SLEEP MODE, WHICH NEVER WENT RIGHT !!!
HATE TO SAY THAT A BRAND NEW DELL LAPTOP HAS SO MANY BUGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!! IF ANYONE KNOW A COMPLETE AND PERMANENT SOLUTION PLEASE HELP !!!!

sakshamarora

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
I have the same problem. What I do is I refresh windows whenever this problem occurs.
The data stays but all the softwares get uninstall and it returns to its out-of-the-box stage.
you need to reinstall them again but the graphic driver doesn't create any problems for quite some time: in my case, 1-2 months.

This is not a permanent solution though. I called up Dell and he told me its a problem with windows that many customers have. he told me to wait for a windows update. He said that they can't do anything about it.