Solved! No ANT in on back of tv- how do I get regular tv if I can’t plug aerial in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Screenshot-20190109-193057.jpg

You are missing what me & the other fella are saying

What I've boxed in orange where the shape & colour of the metal change looks like the broken part of an actual male rf plug.

It looks like that whole shiny silver bit should pull straight out!
Jan 9, 2019

Ah okay haha that’s a start, then the Male aerial cable doesn’t fit into the RF socket, I have tried lots of different adapters but none of them seem to fit the one that’s on the end of the aerial and the RF socket at the same time. Do you know what sort of adapter I would need for this?

Thanks

Jan 9, 2019

I bought it from Curry’s online... I went in to ask them but the men at the store weren’t sure and told me to go to screwfix. And the staff at screwfix weren’t sure either ...

Jan 9, 2019

I’m 100% sure it doesn’t. This is the closest thing I’ve found to what it looks like. I’ll post a link below .. except mine doesn’t have the screw thread on the outside so I can’t even look for the part that would fit this really...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H2D533D/ref=asc_df_B07H2D533D57936539/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B07H2D533D&linkCode=df0&hvadid=294797661583&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15925778832378690462&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045141&hvtargid=pla-530379277629

Yeah that's an f type, normally for satellite or cable connections.

I'm going off forum with your picture to ask someone else's advice.

If you marry up the plug from the antennae to the socket on the TV is the outer ring on the antennae side smaller, same size, or slightly bigger than the silver outer ring on the TV.

An another note, if curry's / pc world who are still a major electrical distributor can't find you a plug to fit the rf socket on a TV they are selling there is something kind of wrong.

From another forum from someone who works in TV sales/repair

'I used to sell and repair loads of tvs and seen this may times before...From your picture that is definatley the tip of a rf plug stuck in the socket.. Possibly from the manufacturing plant where they plug in a test lead to to the tv to check the function of the tuner prior to dispatch. If you have a pair of pliers I would grip the shiny metal case ( the stuck plug ) and gently rotate it whilst pushing the pliers down to create a downward twisting action'

& I'm inclined to agree, that entire bottom part on the TV looks like the remains of a male rf plug.

The rf socket itself should only extend the same length as the sat f type socket next to it.

Jan 9, 2019

Ah thankyou so much. The aerial plug is exactly the same size as the rf socket. It’s like the aerial would have to be bigger? Or the adapter at least. It’s very odd I’ve never seen it before.

ah I think they were just young staff who didn’t really have a clue They said to go back when the manager was there. Which I will do at some point if I can’t find the part and perhaps return the tv If i can’t resolve it.

Screenshot-20190109-193057.jpg

You are missing what me & the other fella are saying

What I've boxed in orange where the shape & colour of the metal change looks like the broken part of an actual male rf plug.

It looks like that whole shiny silver bit should pull straight out!

Solution
Jan 9, 2019

Oh gosh you’re completely right!! The riddle is solved! The whole silver thing came out with plyers! Thankyou so much. I’m actually going to complain to curry’s because that’s awful. Thankyou so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.