no audio but through hdmi which i dont haver

Josh_175

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
All i have in myplayback is "Digital audio display", when I click on properties it shows that its connected through the hmdi on my graphics card. My monitor does not have speakers, how do i run the audio through my front or rear jacks from my motherboard with no options in playback to do so?

Solution
You say you tried to install Realtek drivers?

According to Asus, you should be installing the VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC driver. There isn't one for Win 10, last version is for Win 8.

I suppose you could download that & try running it in compatibility mode for Win 8...you might get lucky & it installs.

To verify your sound, you can take a flashlight & have a look at the board-- see if you find VIA or Realtek on the sound chip itself?

Girl_Downunder

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hi Josh, firstly- that techspot link doesn't work.

I would check device manager for audio sources first, Then go to view>hidden devices to see if possibly your onboard audio is having an issue. Next, check in BIOS that your onboard audio is enabled.

What's the motherboard, btw?

PS: you could also boot up a Live Linux Mint DVD or USB & see if it also says there's still no sound source except hdmi. If Mint says you have none, then it's a hardware issue.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Josh_175 : "no audio, need advice!"

Josh_175

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

Hey thanks for trying to help! my motherboard is M5a78l-M/usb3 from asus.

Josh_175

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

I have tried both of those multiple times. In my bios my hd audio is on, and select hidden devices all i see digital display audio. followed by AMD high defitnition audio device unplugged

Girl_Downunder

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
You say you tried to install Realtek drivers?

According to Asus, you should be installing the VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC driver. There isn't one for Win 10, last version is for Win 8.

I suppose you could download that & try running it in compatibility mode for Win 8...you might get lucky & it installs.

To verify your sound, you can take a flashlight & have a look at the board-- see if you find VIA or Realtek on the sound chip itself?

Solution