No Audio Output Device is Installed

Mikaphewn

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
I've had this problem for a while now. I've tried all the fixes I can find. From uninstalling the drivers and restarting to using an external sound card.

My laptop is an Asus K53E and I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

I'll try to provide more information if asked.

Solution
if no sound coming out of headphones or speakers but soundcard appears to be alright according to device manager means either major software corruption in windows or a hardware issue with the motherboard. do you have a spare laptop drive or can borrow 1 to load windows on to see if that corrects the problem? the new windows does not have to be re-activated for this but might need the sound driver unless windows uses it's generic sound driver.

Mikaphewn

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

I got the driver from Realtek's website. When I install the driver, I get the same error

Mikaphewn

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

at7enw

Here are all the yellow exclamation points.

Edit: The picture didn't show for some reason http://prntscr.com/at7enw

Mikaphewn

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

I've tried headphones. I assume my speakers won't work because they plug into the headphone jack

ffg7

Splendid
if no sound coming out of headphones or speakers but soundcard appears to be alright according to device manager means either major software corruption in windows or a hardware issue with the motherboard. do you have a spare laptop drive or can borrow 1 to load windows on to see if that corrects the problem? the new windows does not have to be re-activated for this but might need the sound driver unless windows uses it's generic sound driver.

Solution

Mikaphewn

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

How do I get the sound driver from the other drive on to this one?