No display on built in screen except the back light but display to monitor is ok

rehanjamshed

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
Hi,

I have a 3 year old HP G6 Pavilion (1322tx). For last few days it had only the noisy fan which worsened later compelling me to take it to a repair shop. The shop cleaned the fan which is now running fine. But after this cleaning, the display is OUT. It just flashes only the initial few boot messages and later the screen flickers finally resulting only a blank screen with back light only.

Then I attempted to connect VGA monitor which works perfectly fine. All the keys are responding. The backlight responds to brightness control keys. And ocassionally the correct display flashes for a fraction of a second.

I will be very grateful for any help.

Best regards,
Rehan Jamshed

Solution
Laptop inverter cable gone bad? Open it up and fiddle with it while the laptop is in operation and see if the screen reacts to that in any way. If it does, it needs changing, if it doesn't, you may need a new screen.

Mossley

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
Laptop inverter cable gone bad? Open it up and fiddle with it while the laptop is in operation and see if the screen reacts to that in any way. If it does, it needs changing, if it doesn't, you may need a new screen.

Solution