Solved! No Internet but Google

Christopher Glover

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
I have a wired connection (happens on wifi too). Now I have tried all the ideas I found for this problem changed IP settings, made sure network connectors can't go sleep mode, and disabled anti-virus (temp)

IPv6 DNS servers: 2001:4860:4860::8888
2001:4860:4860::8844
IPv4 address: 192.168.0.109
IPv4 DNS servers: 8.8.8.8
Manufacturer: Rivet Networks
Description: Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Driver version: 9.0.0.46
Physical address (MAC): 10-65-30-81-79-A9

This is a new Alienware 17R5 running Windows 10 Pro x64
I can get wifi from router on phone, chromecast, and everyone else in house computer or device.

I have reset router, even did direct connection cable modem straight to laptop. Update router firmware, downloaded and installed every update to software.

It still does this when online after bit I get error time out of network error.

It happens even when actively using internet had Youtube playlist going and was playing Warcraft suddenly got message connection lost on game but Youtube kept going. My current only fix is reboot computer

Nov 4 update still happens
Updated BIOS computer, updated all bits hardware, made sure network card can't go into sleep mode to save power (1st I ever seen that activate when actually using computer)

Solution
See if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop. Killer equipped devices have been having a tough time as of late. You can try and uninstall the adapter from Device Manager, reboot and try installing the drivers in an elevated command:
Right Click Installer>Run as Administrator

Moving thread to laptop's section.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Splendid
See if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop. Killer equipped devices have been having a tough time as of late. You can try and uninstall the adapter from Device Manager, reboot and try installing the drivers in an elevated command:
Right Click Installer>Run as Administrator

Moving thread to laptop's section.
Lutfij

Solution