No partitions are showing during installing Windows 7

Hyper Man

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
Got Toshiba Satellite U940-B484 (PSU6VV). Has windows 8 on, but I'm trying to install Windows 7 instead.

When I cam across the part where I choose the partition where Windows 7 will be installed on, there were no partitions listed at all!

That's what been showing!

20140220_174247.jpg

I tried to pull the partition through "Load Driver" but it didn't work out.

The laptop might have 2 SSD hard drive merged into one partition, but I'm not quite sure.

Thanks in advance,

Solution

It may be better to make a new topic instead of hijacking this one since your model is slightly different from the OP's.

If this was a Windows 8 system, make sure that, if you're running a UEFI system, Secure Boot and UEFI are both disabled (look for "UEFI" disable or CSM/Legacy BIOS - enable).

You may also need to use the diskpart command line to delete the current volume and/or set up the appropriate disk type (most likely MBR).

If you have 2 SSDs in RAID you will need to provide the RAID controller drivers to the Windows 7 setup. It will say "if you have any drivers, put in disk with them now". Find out the exact drive configuration for your laptop.

This may be it also unless your RAID setup (if you're installing under RAID that is) is software controlled. Software RAID uses the IRST software instead of dedicated hardware.

Hyper Man

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
I wish if I know more about RAID, but I haven't gone into that before.

I'm wondering how can I provide the RAID driver to the Windows 7 instillation, and how can I find out the exact drive configuration for my laptop!

Thanks fellas

Look in the specs for your laptop, will be in the manual or in the purchase order for what configuration it has.

Get the motherboard drivers and put them on a disk, then point the Windows setup to that when it asks. If that's the issue with installing things. If they download as a single file (like an EXE) you'll need to extract them into the actual driver files.

priyadarshini036

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
Hi ,

I am reformatting my Toshiba U840 laptop with window 7 prof CD. I do get the same screen with no partitions displayed where I need to choose any one partition to continue the reformat.

Can anyone please help me on this

It may be better to make a new topic instead of hijacking this one since your model is slightly different from the OP's.

If this was a Windows 8 system, make sure that, if you're running a UEFI system, Secure Boot and UEFI are both disabled (look for "UEFI" disable or CSM/Legacy BIOS - enable).

You may also need to use the diskpart command line to delete the current volume and/or set up the appropriate disk type (most likely MBR).

Solution