Status
Not open for further replies.

eunhaelee415

Prominent
Jan 8, 2019
It's been a few months since my laptop Toshiba satellite L755 (i know quite old) restarts really randomly, when I'm on YT, simple search, just logged in my account or even the windows logo showing, i thought it's ram but no ram is fine since i ran memtest for 24hrs with no heating issues too, hard disk same i used it in another laptop no issues although i have 7 bad sectors in C partition, recently i tried using a separate monitor and it worked, i don't know what it could be??
Knowing, i have i7 2nd gen processor, 8g ram, nvidia geforce gt 525m and recently updated to windows 10 it didn't fix the problem, so should i uninstall the nvidia's drivers and install is again??

sadiqrehan

Great
Jul 29, 2020
Hey! There can be many possible reasons which I will discuss below:
  • sometimes your laptop fan or hard disk won't work properly because of dirt stuck on it which results in turning off and on again and again.
  • It can be the reason that some of your drivers are missing. This problem generally occurs when your Graphics driver is missing, so try reinstalling the graphics driver.
  • After updating your windows maybe some of the files are missing.

eunhaelee415

Prominent
Jan 8, 2019
Hey! There can be many possible reasons which I will discuss below:
  • sometimes your laptop fan or hard disk won't work properly because of dirt stuck on it which results in turning off and on again and again.
  • It can be the reason that some of your drivers are missing. This problem generally occurs when your Graphics driver is missing, so try reinstalling the graphics driver.
  • After updating your windows maybe some of the files are missing.
For now i uninstalled nvidia's drivers and installed it again, i didn't have a reboot for now.
For the bad sectors, i ran MiniTool Patition Wizard and it found 7 bad sectors but i don't know how to know which or to block them from being used, even windows repair chkdsk /r at the beginning stops at a certain point and reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.