No pointer displaying on startup

dakokonutnut123

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
As you can read by the title, the pointer does not display on startup.
I'm using a laptop, windows 10.
Last night it was working fine, we can say the whole day.
Today, I booted it up and the mouse didn't appear. I can't make it appear by moving the finger around the touchpad. When plugging a mouse to it, and moving it, it appears but I still can't move it with the touch pad.
Help?
It was working fine yesterday and all of a sudden this happened.

Solution
The pointer you see on the screen is not related to the device. It is software. Both the touchpad and the external mouse use the same pointer, so it would be a hardware issue if it works with an external mouse. Also did you update the drivers and reboot to see it resolved the problem?
Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Also, you might want to check for updates to your drivers, including the Synaptics drivers.

If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.

dakokonutnut123

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
It has already been enabled ( before it disappeared ) and it still doesn't work.
Usually I could move the external mouse's pointer with the touch pad but now I somehow can't.

The pointer you see on the screen is not related to the device. It is software. Both the touchpad and the external mouse use the same pointer, so it would be a hardware issue if it works with an external mouse. Also did you update the drivers and reboot to see it resolved the problem?

Solution