No POST screen on ASUS Laptop

Coldnickhot

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
I made a mistake of going into the bios and clicking on load optimized defaults and save changes as I was trying to adjust some settings (I was being impatient fooling around instead of waiting for the new replacement battery). Before that, Windows load perfectly fine and the laptop would be able to go into POST and then boot correctly and smoothly. Now after doing that, the laptop will turn on and I hear noises and the keyboard lights up for a few seconds and the cd drive runs and the fan is running. Just no POST screen AND no splash screen (meaning the ASUS screen as wasn't sure if that's also the POST screen or separate, just making sure I cover as much as I can).

the laptop has a new motherboard and a new graphics card installed by an IT professional and everything was working smoothly so the parts themselves are fine.

The laptop is an ASUS G75VW with an Intel i7 motherboard and Geforce GTX 660M running Windows 7.

The steps I have tried so far are taking the battery off and taking the AC adapter off and holding the power button for 30 seconds to 1 minute then plugging back with no changes occuring. I reseated the hard drives (it was a suggestion a friend of mine made which made no sense but I was willing to try anything that wouldn't be damaging and reseating isn't.) I have tried tapping the del button several times and the ctrl button several times right after powering on and that didn't change anything though I may have not follow the instructions correctly.

Do you have any suggestions on what is left or is going under the keyboard of the laptop my only option to reach the motherboard jumper or the CMOS battery which is the only two things I haven't tried as I don't quite trust myself with tearing my laptop apart to get that deep.

Coldnickhot

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015

That didn't work. I should also mention there is no splash screen either, not sure if that's also the POST or separate from POST. Updated the post to reflect that.

Coldnickhot

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
How about ctrl + home? From what I read, it's supposed to reflash the bios to the factory defaults, the settings when you first start up your laptop for the very first time.

TRENDING THREADS