no sound after connecting pc to amplifier

melron59

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
HI !
I connected my old computer to my amplifier through the only output my computer has: 3.5 mm (to 2 rca on the amp side.)
Can't hear a sound. before that i had speakers connected to the same 3.5mm output, and it worked just fine. tried sveral differnt cables, diferent inputs on the amp side, but still, no sound at all.
Any ideas?,
Thank's.

melron59

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

melron59

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Thank's .the amplifier works ( cd, dvd ,they all function, even awitched to another rca-in to eliminate that). connecting it to a laptop did produce sound. so the problem, i guess, is somewhere in my computer.
the soundcars is internal "AMD hifh definition audio device". the driver is up to date, and clicking on properties showed :"This device is working properly."
ant other thoughts?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Audio 0
T Audio 1
Myles1985 Audio 0
Fenrystein Audio 2
P Audio 0
J Audio 2
ftezgel Audio 2
Sound guy Audio 1
Bandits13 Audio 9
S Audio 1
Parsa_kh Audio 3
A Audio 1
B Audio 1
Sepidaceous Audio 0
M Audio 4
K Audio 3
T Audio 4
T Audio 2
J Audio 4
C Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Toshiba Tv connects well with chrome cast but audio does not come from sound bar
Question We have an old 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Player with speaker wire connections which has died.
Question Samsung t400 sound bar hdmi connection
Question Speakers connected to monitor turn off when there is no sound
Question Question Traktor Audio 2 MK1 Soundcard single popping sound when turning on/off laptop and when connecting/disconnecting USB. Is it a normal behavior?
Solved! Connecting Bose Lifestyle 28 composite (no HDMI) to LG 4K OLED (only HDMI) for best picture & sound.
Question There is a sound coming from my earcups when its not even connected, Why? Kraken TE
Solved! Why when I connect my subwoofer Yamaha YST SW215 with my speakers to my external soundcard, all I get is a low bass sound with no speaker sound
Solved! How to connect 2 speakers and sound bar to an amp
Solved! Microphone connected to PC through microphone port but does not input sound
Solved! connecting 2.1 desktop speakers as rear (surround) speaker to pc
Solved! How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Solved! Connecting older TV to new sound bar
Question TaoTronics TT-BH090 Connected No Sound Issues
Solved! How to connect Amplifier to a sound bar
Can I connect my PS4 Slim to my Soundblaster z?
Connect sound to amplifier using tv's HDMI (ARC) cable
Cheap amplifier to connect 5.1 bare wire speakers to PC
Static sound from computer connected to amplifier
How to connect a laptop to a pro sound amplifier and microphone

ASK THE COMMUNITY