Solved! No sound at all when plugging speakers when plugging headset in

Greezy

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014
Hey if I plug my headphones in my speakers stop working, and so does my headset, when I plug them in on there own they both work fine, for some reason they both run off the same audio device in the sound settings both running off Realtek High Definition Audio, how do I make a new audio device so I can switch between them and choose which one I want to use, I'm sick of unplugging my headphones everytime I want to use just my speakers and vice versa

Solution
This is standard setup, when headphones are connected, the speaker output is disconnected. The sound card options may have something in them that would allow both to run at the same time, take a look there. My audio settings have an option for both speakers and headphones to be on at same time.
This is standard setup, when headphones are connected, the speaker output is disconnected. The sound card options may have something in them that would allow both to run at the same time, take a look there. My audio settings have an option for both speakers and headphones to be on at same time.

Solution