No sound coming from my hp laptop's built-in speaker

djlamp94

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
I was given this pc as broken,even though everything works. I recovered it,fixed it,cleaned it.It was working fine but i had to downgrade it back to windows 7(i had installed windows 10,and they had already done a clean install of windows 7, meaning that no recovery programs or drivers were left). again it was working fine and i left it for a couple of months.last week i opened it again just to play with it but no sound coming.I tried everything from easy things like letting windows find the problem to installing modded drivers but no luck.i checked if the connections are ok and they are. there is sound on the bios since i can hear beeps. Please help. My laptop is an hp compaq presario cq71 410ed

The beeps would be coming from a different place than the computers actual sound. If you get no sound at all, and you have checked in "Control Panel" and then "Sound" and checked all there. Also, making sure that nothing is muted (you would be surprised how often that happens), then you may well have to look at either replacing the speakers and jack, or possibly having to replace the motherboard.

djlamp94

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
I see you come here daily. That's nice! I've tried checking sounds on the control panel and I've check if everything is muted but no.I also tried checking if the beeps come from somewhere else by unplugging the speakers and checking if it beeps but no I'm certain that the speakers are working here.
PS sorry for my English

djlamp94

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017

i have checked the connections and the motherboard doesn't seem to have any damage at all. I think it's the drivers that don't support my laptop. Anyways, I'm gonna give it to someone to check if there's a problem with the motherboard or the cpu or else im gonna use it for spare parts.
Thanks for your help