No sound from 5.1 - PC

havuoksa

Prominent
May 13, 2017
Sounds just suddenly stopped, without any reason from my 5.1 sound system. There was a small delay of some 10 seconds every time i put my channel on amp to Digital In-mode, otherwise no problem. Also when i go to Sounds on pc an press "Test", it shows "green marks" on the column (with no actual sound of course). My optical cable from Pc goes to a converter (other ones are xbox and tv) but the channel selector is on "Pc" and it has worked so far also. Very strange and frustrating. I have a few days old new Win10 though, but the sounds started ok with that also. Any ideas or suggestions?

*Ps. Just connected optical cable straight to amp and it works! Also tried with both optical cables. But I would need to use the audio converter of course... Is it possible the converter has just broken down without touching it suddenly?

Solution
By converter do you mean an optical audio input selector? If all the optical outputs work direct to the 5.1 but not through the switch then that has to be the problem.
If it's a passive one (no power supply or cord) it's not likely to go bad. If it's active then the power supply could go bad. If it's a wall wart you can check it with a VOM.
By converter do you mean an optical audio input selector? If all the optical outputs work direct to the 5.1 but not through the switch then that has to be the problem.
If it's a passive one (no power supply or cord) it's not likely to go bad. If it's active then the power supply could go bad. If it's a wall wart you can check it with a VOM.

Solution

havuoksa

Prominent
May 13, 2017