No sound from blue ray

G

Hello,
I am using a Sony BDP-S570 blu ray player, a Sony KDL40V3000 TV and a Kenwood KRF-V5030D AV receiver. I can output the 5.1 master sound to the TV via HDMI, but I cant send sound to the AV receiver via an optical (TOSLINK) cable. The AV receiver does not have HDMI sockets, its a bit to old for that. The problem only occurs with the latest blu-ray discs, such as Avatar, older discs, normal DVD and CD disc sound is ok. Any ideas, is it the copyright protection on the discs that is causing my problem.

fiju_man

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Hello,
I am using a Sony BDP-S570 blu ray player, a Sony KDL40V3000 TV and a Kenwood KRF-V5030D AV receiver. I can output the 5.1 master sound to the TV via HDMI, but I cant send sound to the AV receiver via an optical (TOSLINK) cable. The AV receiver does not have HDMI sockets, its a bit to old for that. The problem only occurs with the latest blu-ray discs, such as Avatar, older discs, normal DVD and CD disc sound is ok. Any ideas, is it the copyright protection on the discs that is causing my problem.

Try with digital coaxial cable (if you have outlet socket on DVD). This should work.