No USB SURROUND SOUND TV

Decog123

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Hi guys
I just bought a Samsung 55" KU6000 it has 3 hdmi ports (one ARC) which my Sony STR HS1000 surround home theater is connected to. Everything works perfect, my pc and PS4 play off the surround sound flawlessly but I have 4 external hard drives with a lot of movies in them and when I am watching them it only uses the Tv speakers.
Can anyone help solving this ha sue please?

Thanks
Dec

Assuming you have 4 USB TV ports in which to plug in your HDs, go ahead, see if you are satisfied with that arrangement. Typically 2.5 drives can be powered by the USB port, 3.5 drives needs their own power supply. I hope nobody is forcing you to do things you are not yet ready.

Decog123

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

Decog123

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for the info. I'm using the pc, I do prefer to not have to use unnecessary power though as I used to have and audio cable from the receiver into the headphone jack but this "advanced" tv doesn't come with "expired" technology like headphone jacks, assho**es! What type of media player would you recommend?

Assuming you have 4 USB TV ports in which to plug in your HDs, go ahead, see if you are satisfied with that arrangement. Typically 2.5 drives can be powered by the USB port, 3.5 drives needs their own power supply. I hope nobody is forcing you to do things you are not yet ready.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JackMateo123 Audio 1
J Audio 7
HoomanSacrifice Audio 12
B Audio 5
abdabra Audio 4
deusman Audio 2
2 Audio 3
T Audio 0
B Audio 1
S Audio 1
Picklerick Audio 1