Nokia Trying to Sell Off Luxury Cell Phone Brand Vertu

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I honestly have to admit it looks cool. Reminds on Silverstone's Raven series cases. Just throw some glitter on and bedazzle the case and you got a Vertu PC. I'm more curious to what the phone's specs are, and if it has any part in justifying the price (disregarding the leather and gems).

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Look at my $9k phone! It's got a mahogany back, gold trim, and I can call someone to book flights! It's pretty heavy, though. Hey, anyone know the score of the Packers game?

Seriously, stuart hughes is one thing, but putting symbian on a phone that expensive is a crime.

Pyree

Distinguished
IDK. Wouldn't buying a top of the line Android phone then buy a designer hand crafted platinum and jeweled phone enclosure for the phone works better? Provide both function and the bling bling rich people need.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]jryan388[/nom]Look at my $9k phone! It's got a mahogany back, gold trim, and I can call someone to book flights! It's pretty heavy, though. Hey, anyone know the score of the Packers game?Seriously, stuart hughes is one thing, but putting symbian on a phone that expensive is a crime.[/citation]

Have you ever even used a Symbian phone before?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... no need for Vertu brand anymore... sins introduction of iPhone and alike...[/citation]
...no need to go to school anymore either... sins your iPhone is in charge of your spelling... Right?

G

Awesome, maybe Nokia can buy them out of the Microsoft deal then, to save them from going under

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
It really does stand out, but with recent celebs seemingly preferring apps and whatnot over exclusivity I don't find Vertu to have the same allure it might have had even 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.