Nokia Workers Mourn Symbian With Walk-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They should fire the Symbian devs. If they had done their job right Nokia wouldn't have needed to start using Windows.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Clearly Nokia needs to head in a different direction. They have lost a significant amount of market share to competitors. If the employees cant understand that, then maybe its time for some new employees.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Its not as black and white as some of you are making it out to be. But I guess its easier to simplify things for you knuckleheads.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
It's sad, because they need Symbian, but Nokia doesn't need Symbian, but their jobs require Symbian, but people won't keep buying their phones running Symbian...

darthvaders father

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
They should all gather round and film themselves while they whine, cry while they showing their butts on INTERNET and submit it as a new ring tone / screen saver on the Android App store!

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
So many phone manufacturers stopped using Symbian long ago. So they wait for the last major distributor to pull the plug before they get upset?!?!

It took these idiots this long to realise their jobs were at risk?

Keep walking Symbian... Keep Walking!

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
huh symbian rocks wtf are you talking about been using it for almost 3 mounth and i yet to get eny problems but it needs to be updated like all software so it can be more stable and work better. my friend had a older symbian and it got updated 2 times a month iwe only gotten 1 ower these 3 months so irritating. the moment nokia goes no windows i will newer own a nather nokia. hmm might be a android altho i dont realy like em. well that problem i gotta deal whit 2 years from now.

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I loves me some Nokia phones. My current phone is darn near indestructible. I've had it for more than 3 years and I want to see how long it will last before I upgrade to the smartphone era.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]pclee[/nom]I loves me some Nokia phones. My current phone is darn near indestructible. I've had it for more than 3 years and I want to see how long it will last before I upgrade to the smartphone era.[/citation]

Dumbphones such as those old phones are incredibly resilient, I remember watching my friends throwing their phones across streets, hallways, down stairs for crying out loud and those damn things keep on chugging along.

Nowdays technology is so weak you need to babysit it just to keep scratches away, the entire front of a phone is just a big screen and glass is brittle.

Where was i going with this? who knows/cares.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
If Nokia was smart they'd lock the doors as soon as they walk out. I mean normally I take the side of employees, but when you are responsible for your company's downfall staging a walk out is the last thing that should be on your mind.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
And here I thought that they would respond to the CEO's letter with a sneak preview to the new Symbian on which they were working, to blow our minds away.
I guess I was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.