Nokia's First Windows Phone 7 Devices Outed by MSFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcb82

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Nothing is ever "accidental" marketing anymore.[/citation]

yeh I agree, especially when people's jobs are on the line. You can bet they're dotting 'i"'s and crossing "t"'s before they put any of that stuff out. Lets hope the end result of all this is greater price pressure on handset manufacturers. Now can someone please take down Canada's telcom oligopoly!?

hitman23

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I remember Palm when they decided to use the windows mobile OS -- turned out to be a bad move.. Nokia's now doing the same mistake..

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Nothing is ever "accidental" marketing anymore.[/citation]
[citation][nom]jcb82[/nom]yeh I agree, especially when people's jobs are on the line. You can bet they're dotting 'i"'s and crossing "t"'s before they put any of that stuff out. Lets hope the end result of all this is greater price pressure on handset manufacturers. Now can someone please take down Canada's telcom oligopoly!?[/citation]

lol... not exactly.

in big business, there are allot of accidents, however, they also wait and see if this is good advertisement, such as dropping the name of the phone accidentally, or if its a bad accident, like saying the phone is an 8/10 (personally i liked that one, as i respect honesty).

if i can bring this to a more laid back environment. take a look at rockband 3, they released the entire setlist in game by mistake during an interview, after realizing it, they release their own video, as a parody of what happened, and just released a higher quality version of the info.

things get leaked, but its also harder to tell what a real leak is and what a fake leak is.

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006

If only that were true; a Microsoft Exec lost his job recently for blabbing too much about an upcoming Nokia handset on social media. I think it was covered on Toms.

G

Not to mention that horses don't use their mouths to take leaks anyway. Even if they did, would it really be that sweet? Or did these guys actually just mix three metaphors in a single phrase?

Gasek

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
You guys are not horsing around eh?

if you get information about something from the horse's mouth, you get it from someone who is involved in it and knows a lot about it

Origin
In horse racing circles tips on which horse is a likely winner circulate amongst punters. The most trusted authorities are considered to be those in closest touch with the recent form of the horse, i.e. stable lads, trainers etc. The notional 'from the horse's mouth' is supposed to indicate one step better than even that inner circle, i.e. the horse itself.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Gasek[/nom]if you get information about something from the horse's mouth, you get it from someone who is involved in it and knows a lot about it[/citation]
Yes, but in this case, the wording suggested you were getting information from a 2 item list: horses, and mouth. Technical information from horses is generally unreliable, and some unspecified 'mouth' may or may not be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.