Noob Smart TV question about web browser

AndyRint

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
So I just bought my first smart TV (Samsung TD390S) and was playing about with the web browser (It's some version of Chrome) when I noticed it was saying that it was an old version and would I like to update. Instinctively I clicked yes but then thought: 'Hmm should I be doing this?'.

So should I? Can I update the browser and apps from the web or should I go through some Samsung site I have yet to find?

Cheers
Andy

Solution
Is your finger hovering over the keyboard right now and waiting for us to give you the benediction? :D well hold it there. There are two schools of thoughts in keeping up with the latest updates:

1. Latest updates fixes whatever existing problems and can only be good, so always do it.

2. All software have bugs, even updates, so the new update can "break" something previously working. In a PC, there are things you can do to UNDO UPDATES, in a TV you have none, so you take your chances. People in this camp will only update when necessary as in something seems broken or there is a new feature you need, otherwise don't fix what isn't broken.

Now which key are you gonna hit? :D
Is your finger hovering over the keyboard right now and waiting for us to give you the benediction? :D well hold it there. There are two schools of thoughts in keeping up with the latest updates:

1. Latest updates fixes whatever existing problems and can only be good, so always do it.

2. All software have bugs, even updates, so the new update can "break" something previously working. In a PC, there are things you can do to UNDO UPDATES, in a TV you have none, so you take your chances. People in this camp will only update when necessary as in something seems broken or there is a new feature you need, otherwise don't fix what isn't broken.

Now which key are you gonna hit? :D

Solution

TRENDING THREADS