Solved! NORD VPN troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2018
Hi
can anyone advise what to do with Nord VPN? Ii is probably the best VPN. I’ve got 3 years paid version. Previously everything was OK but lately a lot of websites reject the connection when I use NORD. It got very troublesome. And ‘course even more cases when I had to prove I'm not a robot. To connect with many websites I had to turn off the VPN which is dangerous especially when public wi-fi.
I am in the UK and always connect to the network through a server in the UK.
Give me advice please.

Solution
Wherever you use a publicly open wi-fi, you're vulnerable to worse things than just identifying your location. For starters, use a phone or tablet that has absolutely no personal data whatsoever because that can be stolen by a hacker in the same network.

While that's going on, you're using NordVPN to mask your IP address from anyone knowing you're in McDonalds, and you don't know what's happening to you. Is it worth it?

Instead of paying for a VPN, pay for mobile data and go online only when you can see for a hundred yards and only when no-one is in sight.
Some sites worry about folks who want to mask their actual location, mainly because they want to bombard you with localised advertisements.

You can't prevent it. If you show up as being in Indonesia you'll just get a load of adverts you can't understand!

Ask yourself why do you want to hide and what have you got to hide? Pity you paid for three years of something that won't help you much. No-one can come down on your roof using Google earth because the tracing system isn't that good. If you want to flood a site with Spam, the site has a right to block that address and it may be one you really needed to visit.

Wherever you use a publicly open wi-fi, you're vulnerable to worse things than just identifying your location. For starters, use a phone or tablet that has absolutely no personal data whatsoever because that can be stolen by a hacker in the same network.

While that's going on, you're using NordVPN to mask your IP address from anyone knowing you're in McDonalds, and you don't know what's happening to you. Is it worth it?

Instead of paying for a VPN, pay for mobile data and go online only when you can see for a hundred yards and only when no-one is in sight.

Solution
Dec 15, 2018
Hi Saga
thank you again.
here is not about hiding IP in McDonalds ;-) but here is that VPN provides encrypted connection with the server. Use GSM for a long time I can not because I have a limit on the data. When I start watching YouTube, this limit will not last long

Status
Not open for further replies.