Normal Temperature for Laptop?

ThanasisM

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
Hi guys!Im new to this site and i have a question.I have a Laptop Medion Akoya E7220 and 2 days ago i cleaned the fan,but something strange happend.My Laptop made strange sounds with the Fan and when i tried to play smite the laptop shut down itself!I let it rest for 2 days and today i played smite whitout problem but the temperature was quit high.While playing cpu had 83C and motherboard 83C also.While not gaming cpu was like 54C and motherboard 48C-53C.Is this normal?What is the temperature that laptop shut down?

Solution

then i suggest to repaste it.by default your i3 should run a bit cooler than an i7.in the end it all comes down to the laptop cooling capabilities.
it all depends on the model of the cpu.newer cpu tends to have higher TJ max so it can go pretty high 90c-100c before shutting off.u mention u cleaned the fan but did u change the cpu/gpu thermal paste?if u are unsure on how to do so i suggest sending it to local shop to do for u.my v17 nitro with a quadcore i7-7700hq usually idle around 35-42c.

then i suggest to repaste it.by default your i3 should run a bit cooler than an i7.in the end it all comes down to the laptop cooling capabilities.

Solution